Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Paintings Batch 001

Yea I do paint. But not professionally, really. My paintings are based on my mood. And since I was small, I’m never really good with colours. I always envied my older sisters since they’re very good mixing colours. But nonetheless, there’s nothing wrong from trying right? So here goes…

First Mandala (Oil pastels, crayons)

I was into Mandala in September 2008, just when I realized that I will never get back with my ex-boyfriend (someone whom I thought I was going to say “I do” to). Wholeness was all I ever wanted at the point of time. One can easily gets hooked in Mandala because of its flexibility.

Just a little definition on Mandala: Mandala represents wholeness which also can be seen as a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relation to the infinite, the world that extends both beyond and within our bodies and minds.


Complete (Acrylic)

I made this in November 2008, when that someone completed me. And so I thought.


Tyra & Me (Pencils 2B)

This one is my favourite and it is very recent as well. It was in May 2009 (yea, this year) when I eyed a black-coloured guitar in one of the music shops in Bukit Bintang. I so thought I was going to get her hence I named her Tyra straightaway. However, after getting feedbacks from my cousin and my brother, I decided to get a different model of guitar. I got myself a Yamaha F310P and she’s beige in colour, and so I named her Lola ;) Loving her to bits!


Unduk Ngadau 2004 (Acrylic)

My first painting in mid 2008. This one was really a trying-out painting, so you can see the colours are not properly mixed and blended. I actually copied the drawing from an actual photo of mine.

Unduk Ngadau is a beauty pageant held during the Harvest Festival in Sabah, Malaysia. The word comes from ‘Runduk Tadau’ which literally means ‘the girl crowned by sunlight’.

And this is the actual photo:

Just for the benefits of your doubt, yea, I won the crown ;)


Okay, more paintings to come in Paintings Batch 002!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)