Monday, July 27, 2009

Last Saturday

Did you know that they have a (super) mini zoo in Subang? Well yea, I didn't know until last Saturday afternoon when I dropped by at Kompleks 3C for a friend's event (Skool of Rap). If you don't already know, Kompleks 3C (owned by MPSJ) is located somewhere near the Subang/Sunway roundabout. The building is so colourful and there is no way you can missed it. So we were taken for a tour around the place and I was surprised with the kinda stuff that they have inside; activity centres for kids, camp site, activity rooms (standard classroom size), auditoriums, libraries and even an art gallery! Oh and of course, that (super) mini zoo that I mentioned about earlier. It's just too bad that the place has not been fully utilised (I went there on a Saturday, and the place was dead). Perhaps the building could use some maintenance work and a new paint job as well just to make it more enticing to the public around that vicinity. Well, I would definitely go back for the batik painting classes though ;)

Straight after Subang, my friend and I decided to go for a road trip out from the city---I wanted to see fireflies (somewhere in Kuala Selangor) and my friend wanted to check out this place called Sekeping Serendah (somewhere in Hulu Selangor). I seriously had no idea on how to get to any of the places (just so lucky I was not driving ;p). We reached Serendah in about an hour drive from PJ (thanks to his GPS although we did missed few turns here and there). So when I saw the place, I gotta say my first impression was "this place reminded me of my dad's kampung back home, except of course for the artistic landscapes and the glass houses". It's a calm place really. It's a good place for retreats and meditation. But I'm not really sure whether I could sleep in that kinda environment (with what the see-through glass panels or what not) since I'm not really an outdoorsy person.

Just a few kilometres away before Sekeping Serendah, we found a family park---with a waterfall! A mini one that is. We could've walked up further to see more of that waterfall, but it was almost dark and I was already thinking about the fireflies.

The trip to Kuala Selangor (or Kg. Kuantan to be precised) took about an hour from Serendah. When we reached there (it was already around 9ishpm), the place was packed with tourists/foreigners/school students. Yea, the price per sampan is RM40 and it's for four persons per sampan. Maybe we're not interesting-looking enough, no one wanted to share the sampan with us. So heck, we had the sampan all to ourselves. Our boater was this nice old makcik which I was having a slight trouble in understanding her slang. But she's nice otherwise. Although the ride was only for about 10 mins (or maybe less), but the fireflies are just so beautiful. They look like thousands of glowing colourlights on Christmas trees at night ;) Sigh. Too bad I don't have a good camera with me. Oh and one of them fell into our sampan too! (at least the fireflies thought we're interesting and actually joined our boat!). It was fun. My friend told me the fireflies viewing experience in Cherating is different from this one. So I guess, that's going to be our next trip ;)

So yea, here are some of the pics taken from my last Saturday.
















It was a tiring weekend indeed. But we ended the day with pizzas and beers and a re-run of Flight of the Conchords! So I can't really complain ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nah kesiannya tu wabbits, punya comots!! Cantik kan tu fireflies, that's why they are known as Nature's X'mas Lights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciankan tu wabbits---they looked so unhappy :( Yaaaaa itu fireflies cantik! Sigh. Gonna check the Cherating's one ;) Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)