Monday, July 20, 2009

Bite me!

I am probably the last person in the universe to give my non-professional review on the Twilight Saga (since I've just finished reading the final book - Breaking Dawn) which has been quite a phenomenon in the literature as well as the movie scenes after Harry Potter. Well, I've never really been a big fan of goth, dark, blood, morbid or anything that is in line with this category, let alone the supernaturals i.e. the vampires. Hhmmmm. But I must admit that the saga authored by Stephanie Meyer is really somewhat mind-warping. If you don't already know, the Twilight Saga is a story about Bella (a human, yea like us) who falls dangerously (and deadly) in love with Edward (the alluring vampire) and fight for their love till the very end. Apart from having a forbidden love, Bella also becomes a tightly BFF with a werewolf (Jacob who we find out in the final book was actually a shape-shifter and not a proper werewolf).

However negative most of the reviews by parents on the books (talk about human-vampire/supernaturals relationship) but it does teach us (or the young teens at least-being most of the readers) about the strength of love (how it always wins-don't worry, the books are not puke-inducing that way), how friendship overcomes everything and not to mention abstinence (Edward insists on no sex till they are married). And I definitely love the way how Meyer created gripping characters that you can easily identify with (I switched sides from the vampires to the shape-shifters after New Moon).

So yea, I can't wait for New Moon to come out this year! Check out the trailer:



It's a good book. Check the URL on my bookshelf. Go on, give it a try ;)

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)