Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bonze

I had lunch at Uncle CK's again today (actually the name of the shop is Tasty but since my colleagues and I go there almost everyday for lunch, so we address the shop by the name of the owner-it's comfortable that way). So yea, next to Uncle CK's or probably two to three shops away, is a designers' furniture studio. And always, like always, there's this one fancy, artsy piece of furniture displayed in the shop that caught my attention. It's artistic (although one of my colleagues thinks its somewhat silly---coming from a Creative Director himself. Perhaps it's because of the price). For the past one week, I've been eyeing on that art piece.

Today, I decided to go into the shop to just get closer to that particular piece. And of course, I was also curious about the other stuff that the shop has inside. I took a sneak peek (more like a tour *grins*). So here it is...

The name is Bonze. It's by Philippe Starck. The piece that caught my eyes like over and over again. According to its artistic description, this is a face of a Buddha, a portrait of Lorenzo de' Medici, a watcher in the night, awoken double of the Sleeping Muse by Brancusi---a stool as well as a coffee table. Bonze comes in other colours as well. I'm really inspired by this piece---maybe because I have this thing with Buddha Stucco. Yea anyways, Bonze is worth RM6k+++.

Some other stuff that they have in the shop...

























I like 'em all! Hmmmmmmmppphh!

All pictures are courtesy of New Convox/Convox Furniture. Oh and btw, the name of the shop is Jia Studio.

2 comments:

  1. Macam tin man seja tuu... RM6k++?? Tak payah lah hehehee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tin man?!?! Lol. Cantik. You should see it live. Tapi yalah, RM6k+++. Gilak eh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)