Monday, June 28, 2010

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2010

I did my second 10km run last Sunday at the KL Marathon 2010. I must say the experience was waaaay different than I had during the Borneo International Marathon in May this year. Probably because this time around there were more people AND I ran with my boyfriend for the first time! ;)

Me - Still trying to look at my best. The gun time was at 7AM!


With Mr. Runfool! ;)


With my colleague Nana and her friend! ;) They did the 21km.


Me - still trying to look all smiley despite the soreness!

While everyone was huffing and puffing to the finish line, a tragic incident happened at the 8th km around 1 hour into the race for 10km runners. A guy in his 20's had a seizure and passed away on his arrival to the hospital. Read about the story here.

May his soul rest in peace.

Since it was my first time running in the KL Marathon, I can't really comment on the organizer. However, I do feel that they should provide at least three drink stations for the 10km instead of just two (one at the 4th km and the second one was at the 7th). My time was 1:48 (unofficial).

Seriously, I need a proper training.

Next stop, Penang Bridge International Marathon? Hmmmm maybe.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice...
    See u at the Bridge International Marathon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!!! Tapi :-( kesian ohhh... Ini la telampau slow betul!! Ya, may his soul RIP...

    Penang??? Bila ahh???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kesiankan :( Penang Nov 21. Bah mari! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)