Monday, November 2, 2009

Oktoberfest @1U

Yea I know.

It's been a month since my last entry. Been really tight up with work and life (guess I'm still adjusting myself to a new routine i.e. being in a relationship and all). Not that I'm complaining, but I tend to express myself more when I was single (sobs). So since I have *Buh-bubs in my life, I'm slowly shifting my attention to other things---a more like doing-things together kinda things. Bleh.

That aside, One Utama had its regular Oktoberfest celebration on Oct 29-31. I was a first-timer to this event although I've been hearing stuff like, "you can get beers at RM1 per mug and stuff" from friends since forever. So this year, I **went all prepared for the RM1 beers, only to found out that the promo only applicable to OneCard members. And yea true, you could get beers at RM1 (2 50 cents coin) per bottle BUT it's limited to per bottle per member per day. Bluweks. Again, I'm not complaining here because for three-days we had beers like enough to feed the whole Sabah---with or without that promo.

Yea so the whole whacking beer thing was fun BUT the most exciting thing of all is, I won a Sony Ericksson handphone from a not-beer-drinking competition! Well yea the concept is as similar as the "wet t-shirt" competition, but I didn't get wet (phew) and only my opponent did (poor girl). It was a simple game i.e. we had to choose four bottles of opened beers and if we get it right, we get to pour it onto the other player. The catch was, we were told to stand far from the table of beers---so that we couldn't really see. Guess I didn't catch that because I could sense all the opened bottles from far. I call it a beer-drinker sense ;p

So yea, I won a new handphone.

Other than a lot of (imported) beers and also my newly won handphone, there were other acts as well i.e. Prema Yin, John's Mistress, ***Superbar, etc. Oh and yea, how could I forget, those silly "German" dancers. Omg. Still trying to get over them. Horrendous.

Peace.

*My bf
**I went because my bf's band was performing for the whole three-day ;)
***Buh-bubs' band


Superbar: Join them at Facebook-Superbar

Ngaaaaaaahhh ;)

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting My Playground! Come again, anytime! ;)